TERMS & CONDITIONS OF HIRE
Agreements with the Trustees of Dickens Heath Village Hall (“the Village Hall”) for the hire of Dickens Heath Village Hall (“the Premises”) are subject to these Terms and Conditions of Hire (“the Hire Conditions”).
1. Undertaking of the Hirer
The Hirer undertakes to ensure that they have an understanding of the Hire Conditions for the time they wish to hire the hall.
2. Capacity and facilities
Max Capacity: 130
The Premises includes the hall and the kitchen facilities. There are 13 tables and 130 chairs owned by the Village Hall and these are included in the hire cost.
In addition, there are 14 small tables and 50 children’s chairs.
There are clearly labelled ‘community’ cupboards in the kitchen containing glasses, plates and mugs which can be used by the Hirer but must be returned to the cupboards clean and dry after use.
There are items stored by other users of the Premises, but these are not to be used by any other Hirer.
3. Supervision by the Hirer
The Hirer undertakes to be present, or to arrange for adequate adult representatives to be present, throughout the hiring to ensure compliance with the provisions and stipulations contained or referred to in these Hire Conditions and any relevant licenses.
Hirers must be aged 18 years or over. If the event is to involve persons under the age of 18 years, the Hirer must give assurances that children under 18 will be supervised.
4. Bookings and deposit
All bookings should be made via the Hallmaster online system, and any correspondence regarding the booking should be sent by email to email@example.com. More information can be found on our website.
On the day of the event, keys and Feedback Form will be available for collection from the Management Office (1, Main Street, Dickens Heath – opposite the Doctors Surgery) 15 minutes before the start of the booking time and should be returned to the Management Office with a completed feedback form, within 15 minutes of the end of the hire time.
All one-off bookings will be subject to a Cleaning/Damage cover deposit depending on the nature and size of the event. This deposit will be returned in full if the Hirer has, in the opinion of the Village Hall Company, complied with the conditions as outlined.
Full payment for the hire and deposit must be paid as directed by the administrator.
Deposits may be made online or by cheque. A refund cheque or BACS payment will be issued within a month of your event for the refunded deposit, assuming there are no reductions due to damage or failure to abide by these conditions.
The following will result in a deduction in your deposit:
- Use of items stored by other users of the Hall.
- Any breakages or damage to the Premises or equipment. Any cost not fully covered by the deposit, will be billed separately.
- Not leaving the Premises in a clean and tidy state as they were found.
- Any other non-compliance.
5. Responsibility of the Hirer
The Hirer shall be responsible during the period of hire for the following.
- Being familiar with, and complying with, the guidelines provided for the use of the Village Hall
- Ensuring that the Premises are kept secure for the duration of the hire
- Supervision of the use of the Premises and the care of its fabric and contents
- Ensuring that no items stored by any other users of the Premises are used.
- Ensuring that the Premises (including foyer, kitchen, kitchen appliances and toilets) are left clean and tidy with rubbish removed from the site at the end of the hire. Hirers are responsible for bringing in their own cleaning equipment such as washing up liquid, surface cleaner, cloths and bin bags.
- Ensuring that all equipment, chairs and tables have been returned to their storage positions safely, the Premises are cleared of people, all lights switched off, and the building secured
- Ensuring in particular that any decorations used are not a fire hazard
- Ensuring that any equipment or electrical appliances brought onto the Premises and used there shall be certified safe and in good working order, and used in a safe manner
- Ensuring that no animals (including birds), except assist dogs are brought into the building, without written permission of the Village Hall on the occasion of a special event or hire agreed to by the Village Hall
- Ensuring that NO animals whatsoever enter the kitchen at any time
- Ensuring that no Barbeques, LPG appliances or highly flammable substances are brought onto the Premises
- Ensuring that they and their attendees recognise the fact that the Premises are situated in a residential neighbourhood and conduct themselves accordingly by, for example, taking care not to slam car doors, especially late at night, and not playing music or making other sounds at inappropriate levels. Please ensure all doors are closed by 10.00pm to be mindful of local residents. All functions must end at 11pm. There are no exceptions. The Dickens Heath Village Hall is provided for the community, some of whom live above the Hall. Please respect this fact and leave the Village Hall quietly & peacefully.
6. Fire Regulations
The Hirer shall:
- Prior to the start of an event indicate the fire exits and the Evacuation Meeting Place to the persons attending the event
- Ensure that the Fire Brigade is called to any outbreak of fire, however slight, and details given to the Village Hall administrator
The Evacuation Meeting Place is in front of the Management Office. No person may re-enter the Hall without the permission of the Fire Brigade.
7. Use of Premises
Please note that we do not allow 18th and 21st birthday parties, and the Village Hall Company have the right to refuse a booking if they feel that it would not be in the Village Hall’s interests.
In addition, the Hirer shall not:
- sub-let or use the Premises for any purpose other than that described in their Booking Application
- use the premises or allow the Premises to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way
- do anything or bring onto the Premises anything which may endanger the Premises or render invalid any insurance policies in respect thereof
- allow the use of drugs on the Premises
- allow smoking in the Premises, in the patio area or in the vicinity of the entrances.
- allow access to the inner courtyard of Dickens Court, except in emergency situations.
- allow alcohol to be bought or sold on site. The Village Hall holds no licenses.
8. Stored equipment
The Village Hall may provide storage space for regular users.
The Village Hall accepts no responsibility for any stored equipment or other property brought onto or left at the premises and all liability for loss or damage is hereby excluded. All equipment and other property, other than that stored on the premises by agreement, must be removed at the end of each hiring or storage period. The Village Hall may dispose of any such items 7 days thereafter at its discretion, by sale or otherwise on such terms and conditions as it thinks fit, and charge the Hirer daily storage fees and costs incurred in storing and selling or otherwise disposing of the same.
9. No alterations
Please do not stick anything on to the walls of the hall. Doing so will lead to a deduction in your deposit for costs.
No other alterations or additions may be made to the Premises, and no fixtures may be installed, or posters, or other articles be attached in any way to any part of the Premises.
10. Car Parking
There is no designated parking for the hall. Hirers should use the public car parks behind Tesco or Morton’s. Vehicles are parked at owner’s risk.
Any obstruction or nuisance caused to local residents by the inconsiderate parking of hirers or their guests will result in loss of deposit.
Please note that parking wardens may ticket any cars causing an obstruction to pavements or parking illegally (e.g. double yellow lines).
11. Compliance with legislation relating to children or vulnerable adults
The Hirer shall ensure that any activities at the Premises for children or vulnerable adults comply with current legislation in that regard and that only fit and proper persons have access to children or vulnerable adults. Child Protection Policies are the responsibility of the Hirer.
The Hirer shall indemnify and keep indemnified each of the Trustees of the Village Hall and their employees, volunteers, agents and invitees against:
- the cost of repair of any damage done to any part of the Premises including the curtilage thereof or the contents of the Premises
- against all actions, claims, and costs of proceedings arising from any breach of the Hall Conditions
- all claims in respect of damages, including damage for loss of property or injury to persons, arising as a result of the use of the Premises (including the storage of equipment) by the Hirer
As directed by the Village Hall, the Hirer shall make good or pay for all damage (including accidental damage) to the Premises or to the fixtures, fittings or contents and for loss of contents
The Hirer is responsible for ensuring that any third party hired to bring equipment onto the Premises has relevant and appropriate insurance, which shall include public liability insurance.
14. Accidents and Dangerous Occurrences
The Hirer must report all accidents involving injury to the public to the Hall Administrator or an authorised representative of the Village Hall as soon as possible and complete the relevant section in the Village Hall’s Accident Book which is kept at the Management Office. Any failure of equipment, either that belonging to the Village Hall, or brought in by the Hirer must also be reported as soon as possible.
15.Cancellation by the Hirer
If a Hirer cancels a booking with at least 2 weeks’ notice being given, the full deposit or a part thereof may be retained at the discretion of the directors, but the hiring charge will be refunded in full.
Cancellations made with less than 2 weeks’ notice may be liable to a payment of the whole hiring charge subject to the discretion of the directors.
16.Cancellation by the Village Hall
The Village Hall reserves the right to cancel a hiring by written notice to the Hirer in the event of
- the Premises being required for use as a Polling Station for a Parliamentary or Local Government election or bye-election or referendum or,
- such hiring leading to a breach of the licensing conditions, or other legal or statutory requirements, or unlawful or unsuitable activities taking place at the Premises as a result of the hiring, or
- the Premises have become unfit for the use intended by the Hirer
In any such case the Hirer shall be entitled to a refund of any deposit or hire fees already paid, but the Village Hall shall not be liable for any resulting direct or indirect loss or damages whatsoever.
These Terms and Conditions will have been made available to the Hirer at the time of making the booking. By proceeding with the booking the Hirer is deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.